Unlike the Employer’s Liability Insurance which is a legal requirement for most businesses with employees, Professional Indemnity Insurance is not required for all businesses by law.
Nonetheless, it is highly recognized and required by some regulatory bodies, and essentially compulsory for some professions like Architect, Town Planning, Surveyors, Accountants, to name but a few.
Professional Indemnity might not be mandatory for all businesses, but you can choose to decide if it’s a type of insurance you want for your business or not. Imagine If you’re allegedly accused of providing inadequate advice, design or services that caused your client to lose money. Sources on reviewsbird.co.uk confirmed that PI Insurance is a type of insurance that would help you cover all legal expenses incurred, as well as damages or cost that would be awarded in your defense.
Other Benefits Professional Indemnity insurance offers are:
· It offers financial protection
You can run financial losses from lawsuits which can interrupt your business. But PI like other professional insurance, would handle your defense cost like lawyer’s fee, court cost, cost of filing legal papers, to mention hit a few. It also provides you with financial security in cases where there is a legal bounce back or repercussion against omission claims.
· Increases credibility
This insurance qualifies your business image. It assures your customers or investors that no matter the service you might render them, your insurance is there to back you up. With PI insurance, you let your clients feel confident doing business with you.
· It Ensures Peace Of Mind
It gives you confidence in producing excellent results in your work. Even if any alleged claim would be rising from your clients on wither giving inaccurate advice or designs, you wouldn’t have to panic or go into a devastated state since you know Professional Indemnity insurance would be handling every issue.
· It aids the smooth running of your business
Dealing with legal issues is time exhausting and business draining. PI helps you to restore the former position of your business after the losses incurred as a result of the legal procedures. Professional Indemnity insurance helps you balance your time and your business’ proper functioning.
- You can make this insurance more powerful by incorporating defamation, loss of documents or slander dishonesty in order to cover all legal claims. This ensures total protection of a profession as it covers every possible risk.
- Well, you might need PI insurance if you’re in the following categories:
- You are either an Architect or a design Engineer who makes designs for your clients.
- Your regulatory body demands that you have it
- You are an accountant who gives financial advices and also do other related accounting services
- You’re a Town planner, a consultant or a contractor
- It is a prerequisite for a contract.
Sometimes, regardless of the profession, PI is recognized as an industry formality. This way, clients would be sure it’s up to the contractor to make corrections to any mistake. Do understand that most times clients are usually reluctant to hire contractors that don’t have the right professional indemnity. Choose Professional Indemnity insurance and you will be glad you did.